Barbara at Day One, has this very intriguing post up in her blog introspecting about things that really matter. I have read her answers with interest and I am sure that my readers will find them to be quite interesting too.
Here are my answers to the 18 questions.
1. If you could make a 30 second speech to the entire world, what would you say?
Om, Shanti, Shanti, Shantihi.
2. If you were going to die at midnight, what would you be doing at 11:45 p.m.?
Having Kulfi icecream.
3. How do you really KNOW anything for sure?
By just knowing that we really don’t.
4. If you had all the money in the world but still had to have some kind of job, what would you choose to do?
Be a taxi driver.
5. When you’re 90 years old, what will matter most to you?
I hope that I don’t reach that stage but, if I do, that I should not be a bother to my son like my father was to me.
6. What do you regret most so far in life?
7. How can you apply the lesson you learned from that regret to your life TODAY?
No comments as I have no regrets.
8. What would you change if you were told with 100% certainty that God does not exist? Or, if you don’t believe in God, that he does exist?
9. If you lost everything tomorrow, whose arms would you run to? Does that person know how much they mean to you?
I don’t have to run to Him. He is with me all the time. He knows. Ganesha.
10. Do you fear death? If so do you have a good reason?
No, I don’t.
11. What would you change if you knew you were NEVER going to die?
My attitude to death. I will start fearing life.
12. If you were at heaven’s gate and God asked you, “why should I let you in?,” what would you say?
I am already at the gate! I am not at the other gate.
13. When will you be good enough for you? Is there some breaking point where you will accept everything about yourself?
I already am.
14. Is the country you live in really the best fit for you?
Indubitably. Particularly the city where I live.
15. What would people say about you at your funeral?
He laughed his way to his death.
16. What small thing could you do to make someone’s day better?
Just be available.
17. If you believe in God, would your relationship with God change at all if you were told with 100% certainty that he was actually a she?
18. What do you believe stands between you and complete happiness?
I’m very interested in your answers! If you can take this up in your blog please do so, or you can leave your responses in my comment box.