Regrets, I’ve had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do
I saw it through, without exemption
I planned each chartered course
Each careful step along the by-way
And more, much more than this
I did it, my way.
Unlike Old Blue Eyes, I have had many regrets but, like him, I did what I had to do and saw through all of them without exception.
In all honesty though, I can’t say that I planned each chartered course, each careful step along the by-ways. In most cases the seeing through was just giving the regret enough time.
I list some of the regrets that I still am wistful about in the order that they happened.
- My inability to join the Indian Navy due to my myopia.
- Breaking up with my first lady love due to religious differences.
- Inability to join the Indian Army during the Emergency Commission Scheme despite having been selected, due to pressure from my family not to.
- Not serving the entire employment period till retirement with an organisation where I had worked for 26 years, due to differences of opinion on policies and my personal commitments.
- Not being able to complete a contract with another employer due to family constraints.
- These were the major regrets that I had but, like all of us, I have had many more small ones which did not bother me too much.
For those who would like to hear Old Blue Eyes, it gives me great pleasure to include this video.
This is my take on this week’s Friday 3 On 1 blog posts where Sanjana, Shackman and I write on the same topic. Today’s topic has been suggested by me. Please do go over to the other two blogs to see what they have to say on the same topic. Thank you.