Rajma (Kidney Beans) 1 cup
Potatoes, 2 large cut into cubes
Green chilli 1
Ginger an inch
Red chilli powder 1 tsp.
Turmeric Powder 1/2 tsp.
Coriander powder 1 tsp.
Garam Masala Powder 1 tsp.
Vegetable oil 3 tbsp.
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves a fistful for garnishing
1. Soak rajma in water overnight.
2. Pressure cook rajma until tender.
3. Cut onion, tomato and green chilli. Grind it in mixie along with ginger and garlic and make paste.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Add the paste and fry on medium heat until golden brown (The oil starts separating from the mixture).
5. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt. Mix well. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add the potato cubes and add water enough to make thick gravy. Bring the gravy to boil.
7. Add cooked rajma (along with the water in which it was cooked). Stir well and cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
I hope that you enjoyed reading another post of the Friday Loose Bloggers’ Consortium when eleven of us post on the same topic chosen by one of us. Today’s topic has been chosen by Magpie.
Please do visit Ashok, Conrad, Grannymar, Magpie11, Maria, Gaelikaa, Helen, Judy, Anu and Ginger to see ten other views on the same topic. Some of these bloggers may be preoccupied with vacations, examinations, family problems and/or romance, so be a little indulgent in case they do not post or post late.
Garnish with chopped green coriander leaves and serve hot.